Bad breath also called as halitosis can be troublesome especially while having a conversation with someone. Many a time the culprit behind bad breath is teeth decay, cavities and gum diseases. Certain medical conditions and foods also contribute to bad breath. If you brush and floss regularly but still continue to give away bad breath, vitamins for bad breath can help you combating this problem.
Other than brushing and flossing the teeth to get rid of bacteria build up in the mouth vitamins can really work wonders in removing halitosis. Certain types of vitamins are beneficial in eliminating bad breath by inhibiting the growth of odor causing bacteria in the mouth. Vitamins not only fight bad breath but they also leave your mouth feeling fresh. Therefore, take sufficient amount of vitamins to get permanent help from halitosis.
How vitamins help in removing bad breath?
Specific vitamins play a vital role in improving halitosis condition. The main cause of bad breath is oral odor causing bacteria. Improper oral habits can cause bacteria buildup, leading to teeth cavities, decays and gum diseases such as gingivitis. Vitamins for bad breath helps in eliminating bad breath by making your gums healthy and preventing plague buildup and gingivitis. Healthy gums mean free from oral diseases hence, no bad breath.
Therefore, include lots of healthy vitamins in your diet to prevent bacteria buildup naturally.
Vitamins to help fight bad breath-
- Vitamin C- Scurvy is one of the commonly occurring gum diseases that cause swollen, painful and bleeding gums. Scurvy is caused due to deficiency of vitamin C. in severe condition; scurvy can damage the gums, causing bad breath. Vitamin C is one of the vitamins for bad breath, it is a natural antioxidant that destroys free radicals in the body and protects the cells and tissues from damage. One should eat foods rich in vitamin C to protect gums from scurvy and gingivitis. Citrus fruits such as oranges, lemons, gooseberries, raspberries, strawberries, cranberries, mangoes and spinach are great sources of this vitamin. Vitamin C removes harmful toxins and mucus from the body which would otherwise contribute to bad breath. It also kills anaerobic cavity causing bacteria thereby, preventing gingivitis and halitosis.
- Vitamin B- Lack of vitamin B complexes such as B2, B6 and B9 can cause halitosis. This essential vitamin produces an enzyme that helps in fighting against odor causing bacteria. Vitamin B also improves digestion thereby, preventing occurrence of bad breath.
- Vitamin B9- Also called as folic acid helps in treating gingivitis thereby, reducing bad breath.
- Vitamin D- Sufficient intake of vitamin D in diet inhibits bacterial overgrowth in the mouth, by creating hostile environment for the bacteria growth, thus preventing plague build up and bad breath. This is one of the vital vitamins for bad breath which plays an important role in fighting halitosis.
- Vitamin A- Lack of vitamin A in the body can also cause bad breath in an individual. Vitamin A is vital in preventing gingivitis and other gum infections. Most of the infections can be cure by adequate intake of vitamin A.
Vitamin E- Vitamin E removes bad breath by keeping the mouth wet. It helps in freshening up the mouth for better, cleaner and fresher breath.
- Do you know What Causes Bad Breath during Pregnancy?
- Key Points in Understanding How to Eliminate Bad Breath
- Anaerobic Bacteria – The Cause of Bad Breath
- Bad Breath Test with Tubuscus
- How to Take Care of Constant Bad Breath Even after Brushing Teeth
- Reasons for Bad Breath in Children
- Can Cavities Give You Bad Breath?
- Causes and Remedies for Bad Breath in Children
- How to Get Rid of Bad Breath during Pregnancy
- Causes of Bad Breath from the Stomach
- What are some good home remedies for bad breath?
- Is it Normal to Have Bad Breath After Wisdom Teeth Removal?
- How to get rid of bad breath?
- The Main Causes of Bad Breath
- Bad Breath After Wisdom Teeth Removal