BRACES FOR ADULTS: NO MORE CROOKED TEETH
In early days, braces were only meant for children .However, the development in science has made it possible for adults to take advantage of braces .Adults have started wearing braces knowing the fact that there is still a good chance to correct their dental problems till the age of 40.Adult braces are used for the treatment of the following orthodontic problems:
- Crooked Teeth.
- Under bites and over bites.
- Crowded Teeth.
- Disorders in the jaw line.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF ADULT BRACES:
- Lingual Braces: Lingual braces are standard braces and they are placed behind the teeth. They are less visible and are affordable.
- Self -legating Braces: The metal pieces that are placed to the front teeth are eliminated. Self-legating is not visible and bulky and they work like an Inman aligner by moving teeth more quickly.
- Inman Aligner: Inman aligner is also known as speed braces. They have the capability to move the teeth at accelerated speed and are affordable.
- Invisalign Braces: These braces are made of a material which allows the actual color of the teeth to be noticed. Invisalign braces are designed using CAT technology that takes a picture of the present dental structure. While eating and brushing your teeth you can remove the braces with ease.
- Ceramic Braces: The ceramic braces are individually bonded to each tooth. In ceramic braces the metal lines are visible that goes along the front of both the upper and lower teeth.
PRECAUTIONS TAKEN BEFORE GETTING BRACES:
- Good Orthodontist: Before going for the braces, check whether the orthodontist is certified or not.
- Second Option: Orthodontists have different treatments for your dental conditions. So, you can take a second option for your dental problems even if the orthodontist is qualified enough to set your braces. Ask questions to the orthodontist without any hesitation-if the braces for adults are painful or not and how much is the cost. After all they are going to work on YOUR teeth.
- Know Your Health Plans: It’s better if you check whether you health insurance covers the treatment or not if you don’t want to get ripped off.
The cost of the adult braces is determined depending on the type of braces (like the color braces, based on type of bracket and corrections required)
- Enamel brackets: Enamel colored brackets is made from ceramics and it’s affordable. They are the same color as your teeth so it is less noticeable.
- Invisalign braces: The orthodontist will shape it to your tooth and these braces are invisible. Invisalign are removable while eating and brushing your teeth.
- Concealed Braces: Concealed braces are placed behind your teeth.
- Viazi Brackets: Viazi brackets are triangular in shape rather than rectangular. They straighten your teeth faster and they are less painful during the treatment.
- Metal wires: Metal wires and brackets are the most common braces used by adults. They are least expensive and orthodontist straightens the teeth by adjusting the wires which are connected to the brackets.