Many people have crooked teeth and straight teeth can be twisted. This problem usually occurs at age of adulthood. So, here are many tooth straightening options for adults. These are as follows:
Tooth Straightening Options for Adults (Without Braces):
- Invisalign: Invisalign helps in teeth straightening without using braces. They are invisible and it is removal. So, you can remove this retainer while drinking, eating and socializing with people. Invisalign is commonly applied in all most all adult’s dental problems. This type of retainer is worn for two weeks and it straightens the teeth over 12 to 24 months.
- Inman aligner: Inman aligner is a faster method for straightening teeth without braces. Though this retainer can only straighten the front section of the teeth but it shows an effective result in 6 weeks. Inman aligner is costumed made.
- Crowns: Crowns can straighten the teeth visually without the braces. It can correct the misalignment of teeth by using the straight crown.
- Porcelain veneers: Porcelain veneers do not straighten the twisted teeth but it gives a delusion of a perfect smile. They are placed on the front surface of the teeth as to create a straight teeth look. Porcelain veneers can improve the color and shape of the teeth. It is made up of ultra-thin porcelain and it does not last for long duration.
Tooth Straightening Options for Adults (With Braces):
- Metal braces: Metal braces are one of the common used braces. These braces provide a better control of tooth movement as compared to any other technologies for tooth straightening. Metal braces are affordable and it works faster. This type of braces can be made funkier by putting colored elastics around the brackets of metal braces.
- Ceramic braces: Ceramic braces are made up of plastic polymer or ceramic materials. They are placed in the upper front section tooth. Ceramic braces are less visible. However, this braces is breakable and breaks more and so, you have to replace it again.
- Sequential plastic aligners: This is removable plastic aligners. It is used for tooth straightening without any brackets or wires. They are applied in series. During the time of replacement of another series of sequential plastic aligners, the teeth is moved little by little through week to week and the result will a straighten tooth. They are made up of clear material and so, they are less visible. The removable braces should be applied in a series with the prescribed amount as to gets good results. There will be no difficulty while taking food with this type of braces.
- Lingual braces: Lingual braces are made up of metals which are usually placed behind the teeth (on the tongue side). They are less visible and the tooth movement is widely achieved.
- Sapphire braces: Sapphire braces are made up of monocrystalline sapphire and they are very clear. This is also less visible and functions are same as the ceramic braces.
- Fixed braces: Fixed braces are also known as train braces. They are made up of small sized brackets which are attached to the teeth. Fixed braces are available in the form of metal, ceramic and plastic braces.