Dental implants can be used to replace a single lost teeth or a line of teeth. Dental implants are better choice than dentures or bridges for replacing any teeth loss. It is carried out by a professional periodontist. In dental implant, trained surgeon inserts or places a metal screw (titanium screw) in the jaw bone and the teeth are held safety to the implant.
But the main problem with dental implants is that most of the insurance companies do not cover the cost of dental implants. Some insurance plans pay around 50% of the cost of dental implants. This is the main reason why people go for cheaper dental works.
What are the Advantages of Dental Implants?
- Dental implants do not engage the adjacent teeth like bridges. Neighboring teeth are not changed in any case to secure the implant. It is therefore, more conservative than other types.
- In case there is any problem with the implant such as porcelain chip or if the color of the adjacent teeth turns darker over time, implant crowns can be removed easily and sent for the correction.
- Dental implants give you natural looking teeth. You will feel it as your own teeth. Dental implants incorporate into the jaw bone and hence, gum recession and bone loss are prevented.
- Dental implants are highly reliable. It is the best option for tooth replacement procedures.
What is the Cost of Dental Implants?
The cost depends on the number of teeth too. A single tooth implant can be lesser than replacing a number or mouthful of teeth. Dental implant materials are costly itself. Therefore, your dental implant costs can vary depending on the type of material used for the implant. Material cost is determined by its quality. The most commonly used reliable material is titanium. This metal is durable, reliable and guaranteed to last long.
Dental implants are usually performed by a professional dentist. A well-known, trained dentist can charge higher fees than the other. The fees may include dentist fee, assistance fee, laboratory fee and the fee include for carrying out the procedure. The dental implant itself is a hard procedure and lots of effort and energy is needed to make an implant successful. Therefore, dental implants cost can be bit costlier depending on the quality of the surgeon too.
Some people may also have additional treatments that need to be carried out first prior to the implant. This may require a number of visits to the dentist office and each visit cost will be total in your bill at the end. Surgeon charge more fees because he also needs to pay to his stuff along with his own fees. Certain treatments such as sinus and bone lift are required to be done in some patients before the implant procedure. This can add extra cost to your bill.
The cost may be the problem for many, but if you can afford to pay for the implant or there are insurance plans covered, then dental implants is the best option for your tooth replacement.
- What Do Mini Dental Implants Cost?
- Dental Implants Cost
- Why Do Dental Implants Cost So Much?
- Why Look for Cheap Dental Implants?
- How to Find Affordable Dental Implants?
- Make the Most of Free Dental Implants
- The Benefits of Bone Graft for Dental Implant
- Worried About Dental Bridge Cost?
- Dental Crown Cost – Do You Need a Crown on Your Head to Pay for Dental Crowns these Days?
- How Much Do Veneers Cost?
- Wisdom teeth removal cost