WHAT IS PERIODONTAL DISEASE?
Gum disease is medically known as periodontal disease. This disease refers to a severe case of gum diseases. Periodontal disease can be mild, moderate and advanced. Gum disease advance slowly and it can often take many years to be noticed by people who are affected by it. Periodontal disease has a depth of 4mm to 12mm that will create a problem for the orthodontist making it impossible to remove the bacteria from the gums. The disease results in bacterial infection that eats all the fibers and bones in the mouth.
TYPES OF PERIODONTAL DISEASES:
- Gingivitis: When there is negligence in implementing proper dental hygiene techniques than there is a high risk of getting gingivitis. In this disease you have swollen gums, pain in the gums and bleeding gums.
- Aggressive Periodontal Disease: Aggressive periodontal disease is not painful but the symptoms similar to gingivitis can be seen in this type of disease like gum bleeding.
- Chronic Periodontal Disease: Chronic periodontal disease is one of the most severe gum disease. This disease takes place when there are damages in the gum fibers and bone in the mouth. So, it is advised to take dental treatment right away.
SYMPTOMS OF PERIODONTAL DISEASE:
- Bleeding of Gums: The most common symptom of periodontal disease is bleeding of the gums which are also known as redness of the gums. This kind of symptom can occur anytime-while eating hard foods, flossing and brushing your teeth. Its unpredictable in nature as the bleeding comes and goes. Most of the times, it makes the people to forget that the bleeding ever occurred so, they fail to consult their dentist.
- Bad Breath: Usually everyone gets bad breath. To remove bad breath you just have to follow some day to day rules like brushing, flossing and using good antibacterial mouthwash. However, people who are suffering from persistent halitosis they can go for a proper dental treatment.
- Swelling Gums: If you suffer from swelling of gums often, then that’s a sign of a gum disease. While consuming food, if some food particles get stuck in between the teeth, it irritates the gum line and eventually starts swelling.
- Loose Teeth: If your teeth are becoming loose than that is an indication of a gum disease. Loose teeth can be a serious dental problem so, it’s better to consult a dental professional for an effective treatment.
TREATMENT FOR PERIODONTAL DISEASE:
- Herbal Solution to Brush Teeth: Toothpastes are unable to fight against the periodontal disease like gingivitis because it contains chemicals in high levels. It also causes irritation in the gums. The best way to kill the disease is to use a herbal toothpaste as it consists of botanical oils which kill the bacteria. Use the toothpaste twice a day for more effective results.
- Flossing: Flossing plays an important role in curing the periodontal disease. Bleeding gums make a deep pocket between the teeth and the gums. This causes pain to the gums, so in this case flossing treatment is effective. Flossing will eliminate the debris which allows bacteria to be produce between the teeth and the gum.
- Consult a Dentist: Consulting a dentist would be the most beneficial option or a professional who take your periodontal disease treatment to next level.