Teeth whitening toothpaste are in-home teeth whitening products that are widely used to whiten teeth effectively. Toothpaste to whiten teeth is available in different brands, textures and flavors too. They are very cheap when compared to other whitening procedures.
Teeth that have been stained with foods, coffee, chocolate or tobacco can be removed with teeth whitening toothpastes. You can replace your regular toothpaste with teeth whitening toothpaste to get better and whiter teeth.
The best toothpaste to whiten teeth:
The best toothpaste to whiten teeth contains hydrogen peroxide in low concentrations. Hydrogen peroxide is an inert, active reagent that can remove all the extrinsic stains. They are used in low concentrations as high concentrations are harmful if swallowed and can cause burn on the lips and throat.
Another component of teeth whitening toothpaste is baking soda. Baking soda is an abrasive material that helps to remove stain from the tooth surface. Therefore, a combination of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda can give you the best whitening toothpaste.
What are the substances in whitening toothpastes?
A teeth whitening toothpaste contains baking soda and silica as their active ingredients. These substances are coarse in nature which is used to polish the teeth. Abrasive silica and baking soda removes all the extrinsic stains from the surface of the teeth. Whitening toothpastes can remove stains only from the top surface of the teeth enamel. Therefore, best teeth whitening toothpaste contains bleaching agents like hydrogen peroxide (low concentration) along with the abrasive substances. Bleaching agents can effectively remove stain from the tooth enamel and dentin.
What are the criteria for best teeth whitening toothpaste?
- Best teeth whitening toothpaste should contain one of the active ingredients – silica, baking soda or hydrogen peroxide.
- Good whitening toothpaste should give protection against cavities and tarter. It should contain fluoride because fluoride prevents dental cavity. It also helps in keeping teeth surface healthy and strong.
- Whitening Toothpaste containing Xylitol protects teeth from plague and also helps in re -mineralization of the teeth. Foaming agents should be present in adequate amount as it helps in dispersing of the abrasive ingredients to remove stain properly.
- Best whitening toothpaste should be an ADA (America Dental Association) approved. ADA approved toothpaste will ensure safety as well as effectiveness. It will also help in preventing tooth cavities and bacterial plague.
The precautions you need to follow while using whitening toothpastes-
- Never overused whitening toothpastes. Abrasive ingredients such as silica and baking soda can cause damage to your tooth enamel. So use toothpaste that contains lesser abrasive substances.
- Always brush your teeth gently. Never use hard bristle toothbrush to brush your teeth while using whitening toothpaste.
- Excessive use of whitening toothpaste can erode your enamel and reveal a yellow layer called dentin.
- Abrasive substances if used incorrectly can cause thinning of the enamel and thinned enamel can give rise to tooth cavities and gum diseases. Enamel should never be damaged as it protects the teeth from bacterial plagues and infections.
Whitening toothpastes may not give you a desired result and sometimes the results may be notice after weeks of using. Therefore, you need to have patience.
- Want snowy white teeth? Read on how to whiten your teeth and make them picture perfect!
- What to Look for When Shopping for Whitening Toothpastes
- How to Whiten Your Teeth?
- Tips to use on how to whiten teeth at home – Secrets revealed
- Best Way to Whiten Teeth at Home
- Teeth Whitening at Home Remedies
- Teeth Whitening Procedures
- How Much Does Teeth Whitening Cost?
- Creating a Broader and Whiter Smile! – Best At Home Teeth Whitening Remedy
- Do it Naturally – How to Whiten Teeth Naturally:
- How to Get White Teeth? – Best Methods
- What are the Benefits of At-Home Teeth Whitening Kits?
- Hydrogen Peroxide Teeth Whitening- is it Effective and Safe?