Tooth pain can be treated with home remedies. Even the swellings, inflammations and intense pains can be reduced with simple home remedies for tooth pain.
Home remedies for tooth pain with natural spices:
- Asafetida- Asafetida is one of the spices used in the kitchen. Make a paste of asafetida with few drops of lemon juice. Then heat this paste and dip a piece of cotton in it. Place this dipped cotton on the affected tooth. It will reduce your tooth pain.
- Garlic- Simply put a clove of garlic on the affected tooth to alleviate your tooth pain. You can also add a pinch of salt (rock) to the garlic for more effective remedy. Chew few garlic every morning to prevent reoccurrence of tooth pain.
- Clove- Clove can be used as a clove oil or can be chewed. Cotton ball soaked in clove oil can be place on the toothache or clove can be chewed directly, to alleviate the pain.
- Pepper- A paste can be made of by mixing a little bit of pepper with a clove oil (few drops). You can add some rock salt to make it more effective. Apply this paste on the affected tooth it will reduce the pain immediately. You can also mix few grams of peppermint in a cup of water and boil it. After cooling, this can be used for drinking. It will give relief from tooth pain.
- Onion- Chewing onion every day prevents bacterial infections and tooth decays. You can place few slices of onion on the toothache to reduce the pain.
Home remedies for tooth pain with natural herbs and plants:
- Chewing guava leaves– Chew guava leaves every morning and get the juices onto the toothache. This will help to allay the pain.
- Spinach leaves can also be chewed.
- Cucumber- Refrigerate few slices of cucumber and place this chilled, cold cucumber slices on the affected tooth. The cold cucumber slice can numb your pain and give you instant relief from tooth pain.
- Wheat grass– Chew wheat grass it will eliminate tooth pain by drawing out toxins from the gums.
- Bay berry- Make a paste of the bark of bay berry and apply it on the toothache area. This will alleviate the pain and also strengthen the teeth and the gums.
Other Home remedies for tooth pain –
- Used of vanilla extracts– Take few drops of vanilla extract and put it directly on the affected tooth. You can also soak a cotton ball in the extract (vanilla) and place the cotton soaked in the extract on the inflamed, toothache. It will numb the area and give an instant relief.
- Alcohols- cotton ball soaked in a whisky can be placed over the toothache area. You can also sip a whiskey and hold it on the toothache area. Then spit out the whisky after some minutes. Alcohol will numb the nerves and give you fast relief.
- Ice packs- Cold ice packs or raw ice placed on the affected tooth can numb your tooth pain instantly.
- Tea tree oil- Apply tea tree oil directly on the toothache. It will reduce your pain immediately because it contains anti- bacterial compound.
As we all know prevention is better than cure, therefore the best way to prevent tooth pain is to take good care of your teeth with regular brushing and flossing. Practice healthy oral hygiene and have a healthy diet.