Toothache can be excruciating and can make life miserable. Tooth pain can occur suddenly and at such situations one can turn to toothache home remedies for instant relief.
There are different causes of toothache. These include-
- Tooth decay or carries or cavities. Deep decayed tooth can penetrate the inner tooth root and pulps, thus causing toothache.
- Toothache can be due to abscess formation too. Abscess can cause pus accumulation and swelling of the gums, thus causing toothache.
- One of major cause of toothaches is gum diseases such as gingivitis. Gingivitis can infect the gums and if left untreated can spread to the pulp chamber.
- Other causes of toothache are teething (falling of the milk teeth) and radiation (radiating pain resulting from sinus problems etc).
There are a number of Home remedies for toothache. Following are the most effective remedies you can follow for immediate relief from toothache. Includes-
- Garlic is an old spice for alleviating toothache. Grind a clove of garlic and mix it with a pinch of salt (rock). Apply this paste on top of the toothache and leave for few minutes. You can get relief from the toothache right after that.
- Burn sticks of turmeric and this powder can be used as a tooth powder for toothache.
- Cold ice as raw or in packs is very good for toothache. You can either use a raw ice or packs on top of the toothache. The cold treatment will numb your nerves and instantly suppress your toothache. Using ice packs can be the most convenient home remedies for toothache.
- Take a fresh peppermint (about 5 grams) and add to a cup of water. Then boil the mixture and add little salt to it. Once the solution is cooled, you can use it to drink regularly. This will help you to reduce gum swellings, inflammations and toothache.
- Use a tea bag to relief toothache. Steep the tea bag in a hot water and then remove it. Use this steeped tea bag on the affected tooth. This will allay your tooth pain.
- Alcohols such as whisky and vodka can help to reduce toothache. Take a cotton ball, soak it in whisky or vodka and then place this soaked cotton on the toothache. This will numb your tooth pain and reduce the toothache too. You can also take a sip of whiskey, hold it inside your mouth (on the affected tooth) for some time and then spit it out. This will allay the pain immediately.
- Cut sliced cucumbers which are previously refrigerated can be placed on the affected tooth. The chilled cucumber can give a soothing effect on the tooth pain.
- Clove oil has an analgesic effect. Therefore, it is effective in relieving toothache. Soak the cotton in a clove oil and pressed it on top of the tooth. If there is no clove oil, then grind and powdered clove can be put on the inflamed affected tooth. It will alleviate your pain in a minute.
The most common and easy home remedies for toothache is gargling with saltwater. Add a little salt to lukewarm water and used it to gargle for at least 30 seconds. You can repeat it many times. This will alleviate your toothache very soon.
- What is a natural remedy for a toothache to get instant relief?
- Home Remedies for a Toothache
- Top 12 Home Remedies for a Toothache!
- Easily Available, Most Renowned Home Remedies for Tooth Pain!
- Teeth Whitening at Home Remedies
- Wisdom teeth pain relief
- What are some good home remedies for bad breath?