Teeth are covered with hard enamel and it protects the teeth from dentin and straight contact with food. However, sometimes enamel can wear off due to tooth grinding, cracked tooth and hard way of brushing. The exposure of dentin leads to tooth sensitivity to different substances such as sweet foods. This condition can lead to toothache after eating sweets. People can suffer from this type of toothache for longer period of time.
- Sugar and tooth cavity: Plaque is a form of substance which mix with food particles and produce an acid which destroys the tooth enamel. This decaying condition is termed as tooth decay. Consuming of sweet or sugary foods can cause tooth decay. Eating some snacks between meals can also lead to tooth decay. Sugary food particles inside the cavity can cause irritation to the nerve and cause a severe toothache. This condition will make difficulty while eating or drinking and even while breathing.
- Sugar in the mouth: It is very hard to remove any sweet or sugary food particles from the mouth. Rinsing and brushing quickly cannot remove those sugars from our mouth. When we consume sweets, it combines with bacteria and helps plaque to form more acid which destroys the toothy enamel. As the plaque begins to grow faster, the harder it is to eliminate from the mouth.
- Toothache red flags: Toothache after eating sweets can cause jaw and neck swelling, bleeding of gums and flow of saliva changes.
- Babies and tooth decay: When babies consume sugar in their snack time or in the bottle in large quantity then it can cause tooth cavity in babies. Do not give any thing other than water in the bottle at night as it can lead to baby bottle tooth decay. At night time, the sugar which is consumed by the baby starts to function in their teeth.
- Drink and food: People who are sensitive to sweets should avoid food and drink such as citrus fruits, pickles, tea, soda, coffee and juice.
Remedies for Toothache after Eating Sweets:
- Gymnema: From ancient times, Gymnema is being used to cure diabetes, obesity and toothache after eating sweets. This herb helps in controlling sweet cravings. It stimulates a sweet flavor in the mouth and so, it help in decreasing the temptation towards sweets and fruit juices etc. This remedy satisfies your mouth without any in taking of sugary foods. This way it can prevent toothache.
- Ginseng: Ginseng is used for relieving stress, controlling appetite, boosting up your energy and enhancing your mood. This herb also helps in reducing crave for sweets which gradually prevent your toothache problem.
- Fenugreek: Chewing the seeds of fenugreek herb can prevent your mouth from eating sweet or sugary food. This herb can help you in curing toothache and it also controls blood sugar problem.
- Stevia: Stevia is also known as sweet leaf. This herb is sweeter than a normal sugary food but it does not contain any calories. Stevia is available in the form of powder and so, you can use it in desserts or drinks. This type of herb can control your cravings for sweets as well as it can prevent toothache.
- Toothache- What can you do immediately for a Painful Toothache?
- What are the Best Foods to Eat While Suffering with a Toothache?
- Toothache –What is good for a Toothache besides Orajel and Anbesol?
- Pain Relief for a Toothache During Pregnancy
- Home Remedies for a Toothache
- The Best Painkillers for a Toothache
- How Much Aspirin or Ibuprofen are you Allowed to Take in on Day for a Toothache?- Solutions
- Can a Toothache Cause a Headache?
- Home Remedies on How to get Rid of a Toothache without Pain Pills.
- Can You Go to the Emergency Room for a Toothache or Should You Wait for Your Dentist?
- Facts about Clove Oil – How to use clove oil for a toothache?
- Effective Toothache Home Remedies for Instant Relief!
- Top 12 Home Remedies for a Toothache!