Toothache is one of the ailments that can affect your life. Toothache causes an excruciating pain in your tooth. Toothache is caused due to a deep dental carries, cavity or decay. When the germs invade the root canal or the pulp chamber, a person experiences an intense tooth pain.
Toothaches can happen all of a sudden. In such cases you can follow few simple home remedies to alleviate the pain instead of opting for over-the-counter medicines. Home remedies using simple methods and herbs can reduce your tooth pain without any side- effects. However, the best home remedies for a toothache is to take care of your teeth and follow healthy oral hygiene like brushing, rinsing, flossing etc.
1) Using ice cubes: One of the best home remedies for a toothache is to place an ice cubes or packs directly onto the pain tooth. This can numb the pain on the tooth and give instant relief. Ice cubes also prevents gums swelling and muscles of the mouth. This method can give you immediate result.
2) Relief toothache with clove oil: Mix the whole cloves with the olive oil. After thoroughly blending them in a blender, you will obtain a clear liquid. This liquid can be used to relief tooth pain whenever you need it.
3) Relief with vanilla extract: Another method to alleviate tooth pain is the use of vanilla extract. Apply the extract with a cotton ball into the gums and teeth. This will reduce the pain slowly with time.
4) Using garlic: Garlic is known to reduce toothache. It is chewed in the morning to reduce the pain. Garlic can be grinded and made into a paste and consume with your sandwiches or salads. A garlic clove with a bit of salt can be put on top of the affected tooth. It can alleviate the pain and in some cases may cure the infection too.
5) Toothache prevention with wheat grass: Chewing wheat grass helps to remove toxins from the decayed tooth and thus prevents any tooth or gums infections. The juice can also be used as a natural mouth wash.
6) Onion kills bacteria: include onions in your meals or just chew on slices of onions. It is known to prevent any dental cavities and tooth pains. In case of a toothache, a slice of onion is placed on the affected tooth. It will allay the pain instantly.
7) Drink it! Drinking a solution of peppermint and water can give an instant relief from tooth pain.
8) Alleviate toothache with Asafetida: Asafetida is pestle in a lemon juice and heated slightly. Soak the cotton swab in this liquid and placed it on the tooth affected with cavity. This will allay the pain immediately.
9) Guava leaves: Chewing guava leaves in the morning before eating anything or in an empty stomach, is one of the home remedies for a toothache you can do.
10) Spinach leaves: Spinach does have a beneficial effect on the toothaches too. It not only makes your gums strong and prevents bad breathe, but also munching on a spinach leaves can give a quick relief to your toothache.
11) Relief toothache with Bay berry bark: Make a paste by grinding the bay berry bark with vinegar. Then apply this paste all over the affected tooth. These will relief a toothache in a minute.
Maintaining a healthy oral hygiene and following these simple home remedies you can get an instant relief from your toothache.